Musings —07.29.2010 08:56 AM—
- RIM copies Apple, Apple copies RIM: It’s just me, but I’d recommend the two companies stick to doing what they already do very well: RIM manufacturing a terrific device for email, Apple manufacturing terrific touch-screen computer thingies. I’m not sure they advance their corporate interests by providing a pale version of what the other guy does better.
- The Giorno Factor: I know Guy and I like him. I don’t agree with his views on many, many subjects, but he’s a smart cat. The notion, however, that he’s really the Prime Minister, and not Stephen Harper, is mistaken. Chiefs of Staff are important, but nobody should be under the impression that The Boss is anything other than The Boss: that has always been so. The character and focus of the Harper government is determined by Stephen Harper, not his employees. It was thus for Messrs. Martin, Chretien, Mulroney et al., too. Remember the names of all of their Chiefs? Exactly.
- Goofy story of the day: If John runs, does anyone seriously believe he wouldn’t have the support of his sons? Give me a break. And, BTW, thanks for messing with the Festival of Joy, guys. I’ll get you for this.
- Buck-buck, yawn: The chicken suit thing is so tired and old and hackneyed, states like Nevada have even banned them near polling stations! Personally, I’m all for getting your youth wing folks to tackle the chicken and pluck off his/her outfit. If nothing else, it’d be entertaining, and possibly provide a free lunch.
- GritChik: Great new web site. The fact that she says nice things about Yours Screwly may naturally colour my judgment. Chik her out!