Musings —01.05.2011 10:05 AM—
Being Irish Catholic, and therefore more superstitious than a Red Sox fan, I don’t find the following events disconcerting. They’re comforting, because they prove that I was right all along – the End Times are indeed near, and you all should’ve listened to me while you had the chance.
Oh, and my eldest son is firmly convinced the world is going to end in 2012. He’s a chip off the old block.
- B.C. river mysteriously turns bright green.
- Black birds mysteriously drop dead in Sweden.
- Two million fish mysteriously die in Maryland.
- Hundreds of birds mysteriously drop from Louisiana sky.
- Thousands of birds and fish mysteriously dead in Arkansas.
- Bumblebees are being mysteriously wiped out everywhere.
Mysterious? Perhaps. Or, solid proof that I was right: happiness is a trick, and life is the arrangement of merciless logic for futile purpose.
We’re all doomed. You’re welcome.