Musings —11.17.2011 09:27 AM—
- Blogging makes money? Bullshit. I’ve sold some advertising over the years, but I don’t run this web site – which predates the word “blog,” which I hate, and which isn’t a “blog” – for money. I do it for fun. Anyone who says they can make a living out web logs is full of it. You can’t.
- London Rippers? A team named after a notorious serial murderer of women: yeah, that’s really funny. Why stop there? Why not name sports franchises after other homicidal and genocidal maniacs from history? The Son of Sam Shooters! The al-Qaeda Slashers! Stuff like that wouldn’t offensive at all, would it?
- F**k Off?: I tell people to do it online every once in a while, too. I also ban them from this site, Facebook and so on. But that’s me: I’m not an MP. My rule of thumb is that Twitter and politicians don’t mix: if they are being careful when they Tweet, they’re boring. And if they’re not being careful, they get into trouble. So why bother?
- Hudak Helper? Check out Ontario Newswatch’s lead story and the fun graphic therein – I recognize that! Since General Mills have sent me threatening legal letters about the further use of same, I will be uncharacteristically careful. Ahem. But Ms. Kelley is right: Andrea and Tim are besties! Not sure their core supporters are going to dig it, however, which saddens me no end. Stay, Tim, stay!
- Bob’s blast? Is it ever. One of my best friends on Earth – who I did not speak to about this issue – has blasted the federal Grits for their idiotic position on a more-democratic House of Commons. Quote: “Federal Liberal position on expansion of seats in the House of Commons is idiotic and anti-democratic. So it is okay to maintain over-representation in rural canada, but not okay to provide representation in growing urban (read new Canadians) Canada? Good to see old elites firmly in charge. Pathetic.” Bob was the head of Red Leaf, folks. Ouch!
- A Liberal giant passes? No question there. Tom Kent was a towering figure in Canadian public life. When I was partner at a Bay Street law firm, I had the pleasure to work with his equally-amazing son, and we discussed his Dad often. A huge loss to this country.