W@AL: highly-embarrassing Sun News commercial

Sun News Network has developed a commercial to promote my appearances. I’m not sure why they did this, but they did. When I showed it to my daughter, she burst out laughing. “Dad, you are such a goof,” said she.

That hurt, deeply. But not as much being regularly called a “bad boy” when you are an old fart who is 51.

17 Responses to “W@AL: highly-embarrassing Sun News commercial”

1. Murdoch says:

Sun News Network is really really bad.
    It could be saved if you had your own show!
    My prediction is, you will have your own show this year.
    If so, can I please do your hair and makeup?

2. Brian says:

I saw you interviewed on the “network” for the first time the other day and winced at the ‘bad boy’ part, too.

But if you really wanted it changed, you could just demand it be so, surely? In much the same way that your colleague Ezra won’t go on air unless there’s a giant framed photo of himself beside his bowl of all-blue smarties.

3. Neil says:

Hey Warren
    That reminds me I picked up a copy of the War Room at Fairs Fair here in Calgary the other day. I needed it because I lent my copy to someone and it came back sans dust cover so 13 bucks for a dust cover but I am a sucker to keep books I like looking like new. In any case the book looked great but I missed the inscription on the title page. “To Shelia A great Liberal Oct 2001″ I immediatly wondered if it was Shelia Copps, in any case the book looks unread, unlike my dogeared copy.

4. EM says:

I’m fairly certain that the reason you keep appearing on Sun News is precisely because Krista likes to call you a “bad boy”. C’mon, admit it.

• Pomojen says:

…while Canadian Cornservative men in their grandmother’s basements across the country sigh in unison and wish she was calling them bad boys. ;)

5. Les Miller says:

Bad boy? Bah! Just another cotton-head political commentator.

6. dave says:

Ah! To be 51 again!

7. Neil says:

your daughter nailed it

8. David_M says:

Don’t worry about your daughter’s remark.
    Both my girls find reasons to call me a goof regularly but they always follow it with an “I love you anyway”…

9. frmr disgruntled Con now happy Lib says:

Old fart?…..I resemble that remark!!!……(for the record, Im 52)……

10. scot says:

Saw Lilley interviewing Breitbart at cpac last night. It was like I was having a bad dream. I may never pause momentarily on that channel again.

11. Derek Pearce says:

I keep trying to watch this and it keeps just saying “error”. Is that metaphorical? ;^)

12. Jane says:

Love it. Anyways 51 is the new 35.