Musings —06.14.2012 06:33 AM—
Seeing as how everybody else is writing about Justin Trudeau, and seeing as how I’m a Liberal, I figured I’d do likewise in a column or something on the weekend. Herewith, then, Ten Reasons Why Justin Trudeau Is A Good Choice, in short form. Gratis. You’re welcome.
1. He’s the only candidate with the ability to get younger voters onside.
2. He isn’t an old fart. Old farts are out, and will be super out in 2015.
3. The name works still, in lots of places with lots of votes.
4. He’s got charisma, big time. Ottawa being Hollywood for ugly people, that counts.
5. He’s like his Dad: he only goes when he’s gonna win (cf. boxing match).
6. He’s effortlessly bilingual and thoroughly multicultural (eg. ask a cab driver, anywhere, what they think of him).
7. He makes the Liberals exciting again.
8. He has made pro-merger/coalition/cooperation noises in the past. He’s therefore smart.
9. He will bring back a lot of experienced folks who’ve been on the Liberal sidelines for years.
10. The hair.