Best Google Doodle EVER

OMG this is genius.  And, yes, I am and always shall be an unrepentant Trekkie.

15 Responses to “Best Google Doodle EVER”

1. Jon Powers says:

Star Trek was ruined for me ever since they proved on Myth Busters that Kirk could not have killed the Gorn with a canon made out of bamboo and home made gun powder.
    Also, Darth Vader could kick Kahn’s ass.

• Jon Adams says:

At least Khan never whined about the sand on Ceti Alpha V.

• W the K - No, not Warren says:

“Also, Darth Vader could kick Kahn’s ass.”

You’re probably right. But while Khan was getting his ass kicked he would be quoting Melville:

“To the last, I will grapple with thee… from Hell’s heart, I stab at thee! For hate’s sake, I spit my last breath at thee…”

Darth?

“I am your father.”

Meh.

2. Christian says:

Brilliant doodle!

I like Star Trek, but I’ve always have been, and will be, a Whovian first :-)!

3. Np says:

The best thing about Star Trek was that is looked to the future with optimism, it gave us something to strive for. It dared to cast humans in a society where the trivial concerns of money, healthcare, and education were not a concern at all. It looked like humanity finally for its shit together, built star ships and went exploring. Who wouldn’t want to live in that world? In the process of exploring the cosmos, the characters dealt with high-minded and universal issues like diplomacy, the rule of law, mercy, humanity, love. In watching Captain Kirk deal with the panoply of issues he faced in every episode, it gave us the opportunity to think of the issues for ourselves. The flimsy cardboard sets were never really distracting because the plot and issues covered in each episode we that enveloping. The battle between logic and human passion, the importance of always talking before shooting, the noble pursuit of knowledge; all these things were central to the Star Trek universe.

May we strive to build a world like Star Trek: a world where humanity seeks to answer the profound and universal questions; a world where knowledge and humility are fostered as universal goods; a world where diplomacy is respected; a world where courage is tempered by nobility; a world where we, as a species, can evolve further as intellectual beings capable of picking ourselves up off this finite rock and dealing with the complex problems we’d face among the stars.

Also, green chicks are hot.

4. William says:

Always been an ST fan, however I think TNG was the best version of the shows.

5. billg says:

A Trekki lovin Punk Rockin’ Liberal Strategist….your weird.

6. John says:

Star Trek at it’s best was the Khan movie and the Whale movie. It don’t get any better than that.

I was a fan of TNG when it first aired, but now when I watch a re-run it almost seems to have cheesed up a bit.

7. Darren says:

Loved the tribble bit and the nervous red shirt crewman.

8. newfiecaper says:

Best. TV. Show. Ever.

9. Les Miller says:

Very well, then, Mr. Kinsella. I give you my little brother (age-wise) as the Captain:

10. dave says:

Gee, you folks watch a lot of tv.

11. In the early 1970′s my brother counted through the TV guide and ST was showing in re-runs on various channels 5 or 7 times per week. We laughed. Not bad for a show that had been canceled only a few years before.

It’s the only TV show I can recall ever being spoofed by Mad Magazine years after it was already canceled. A musical spoof where the last song was to the tune of (Sorry, I have the ST words in my head, blotting out the song title!) Reruns, you’ll last forever in reruns etc.