Rest is for wimps

Got pneumonia, says the doc. Kids, leadership, band, business, book, etc. “Maybe you’re burning it at both ends,” said she.

“Whatever,” said I. “I’ll rest when I’m dead.”

“You’ll be resting soon, then,” said she.

Buzz killer.

29 Responses to “Rest is for wimps”

1. Michael Behiels says:

It’s always better to be alive than dead!

Rest up, get rejuvenated, and then get back into the fray.

Liberals all need you healthy for the tough slogging ahead.

2. frmr disgruntled Con now Happy Lib says:

Pneumonia used to be called “the old man’s friend”……..you are far from old, and please take your Doctor’s advice….this country, and our party, cant afford to lose you……Get well soon!

3. mark says:

not to be a downer, but my middle-aged and generally healthy brother died quite unexpectedly of pneumonia last month. it’s no joke.

4. Eric Weiss says:

Age catches up to all of us. I used to log 80-90 work hrs a week in my younger years until it started to affect my health. I love what I do for a living, but I love my family more. For some reason they seem to be fond of me too and want me around for a few more years.

Get well soon.

5. James Bowie says:

Still on for Friday in Ottawa?

6. Kevin says:

Went through one whole winter with pneumonia – too stubborn to see the doctor, but couldn’t figure out why I was always feeling so wrung out. Finally did go and was ORDERED to rest.

Listen to your doctor.

7. dave says:

Nobody’s last words were, ‘I wish I had spent more time at the office.’
    Listen to your body.

8. Susan MacIsaac says:

Warren,

Pneumonia is not to be taken lightly. I lost a very close friend in her early 50′s to pneumonia. It was quite sudden and completely unexpected.
    You have kids who need you so do what the doctor says and rest!

9. Les Miller says:

Mr. Kinsella, please do listen to your doctor’s advise. I’m not worried about your country, your province, or your party. It’s your family that needs you the most, and for their sake, you should do everything possible to ensure that you will be with them for many, many years to come.

Get well. Then politic.

10. Ronald O'Dowd says:

Warren,

Put Warren first. The rest will take care of itself. Wishing you as speedy a recuperation as is possible.

11. DON’T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE! GET TO BED!

12. Catherine says:

Deep breathing. Every hour awake.

No fooling, it works.55v8

13. Lynn says:

Please listen to your doctor. I know a couple of people who did not take care of themselves and rest properly who now are quite susceptible to the illness re-occurring, a cold will trigger it. Please try to make time to rest, take your meds and get better so the illness does not become something you will experience repeatedly. These people were not very old when this cycle began, so please try to rest and recover. Take care of yourself, really.

14. dave says:

Typically arrogant federal Liberal behaviour: opting for money, fame and power, rather than listening to (medical) science!

Typical!

15. bigcitylib says:

Agree with everyone above. Rest and listen to mellow, soul nourishing music while you lie abed. ABBA, perhaps, or Fleetwood Mac if you want to rock out.

16. kre8tv says:

Seriously Warren. Don’t screw around with pneumonia. All the other stuff can wait.

17. Hammer Dom says:

You need a new doctor and Jager.

18. Mom says:

Rest is for wimps…..NOT…now take care of yourself!

19. Joseph Krengel says:

Two words for you: Jim Henson.

He didn’t actually have pneumonia, but he did ignore a chest infection and anyone who was a child at any point in the last five years knows how that turned out.

20. Marc-Andre Chiasson says:

But being the stubborn Irishman that you are, you won’t listen to your doctor nor to all of your friends. Very macho! Remember Warren…martyrdom went out the window a long time ago except for a few religious radical groups whose preferred choice of clothing is an explosives-laden vest.

21. Plus……there is now a pnemonia vaccination. EVERYBODY should have this. You can get it at the same time as your flu shot.

22. Darren K says:

Hope you get well.

Don’t make me tell your Mom on you

D