- From the Star, “John Tory on defensive over comments about women.”
- Canada.com: “A man being touted as a front-runner for mayor in Toronto’s next election (despite not having filed his nomination papers yet) has single-handedly solved the gender pay gap. You’ve just got to ask, ladies. What don’t you understand?…Later that afternoon, on his Newstalk1010 radio show, Tory suggested young women learn how to play golf as that would be “immensely” helpful for their careers.”
- Huffington Post: “To put it kindly, the remarks didn’t go over all that well on Twitter…Tory probably didn’t do himself any favours when he later suggested on his radio show that women should learn how to play golf in order to improve their career prospects.”
- Yahoo.com: “JOHN TORY SLAMMED…The radio talk show host — who may or may not run for the mayoralty in Toronto — is getting slammed for his opinion about reason behind the gap. During a CP24 interview on Monday, Tory seemed to suggest that women are at fault.”
- Metro: “The comment had Twitter users predicting the death of Tory’s fledgling mayoral campaign even before its official launch…He told listeners his personal experience “frankly may be out of date”…But Tory fanned the flames of the controversy when he encouraged women to learn golf to forward their careers.”
In other news, John’s body double has been located. Lovey!