Musings —02.19.2014 10:04 AM—
Sun News wants me to talk (a lot) about this video today. My reaction:
- PRO: It helps to flesh out his economic vision, which has been a policy soft spot.
- PRO: It correctly identifies the fiscal problem of the next decade – the feds in structural surplus, the provinces/municipalities in structural deficit. (Oh, and the separatists about to get a majority.)
- PRO: It is non-partisan.
- CON: It’s too long. It contains too much info. If you can’t say it in two minutes, per Chuck Berry, it can’t be said.
- CON: The “sunny ways” thing is a wee bit obscure. Adds nothing, potentially distracts.
- CON: Will enough people see it?
My big beef, however? They seriously owe my brother royalties! Check out Lorne’s online CV, then watch Justin’s thing. See any stylistic similarities?