10.17.2014 02:04 PM

“Hey, you little bastards! Get the Hell out of my ball pit!”

B0K7o8sIQAAneF5

1. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Luke says:

I don’t particularly like Mulcair and his stance on Quebec separation, etc.

BUT, I am starting to wonder if he and his NDP are a better option than the Liberals, whom I usually prefer. And not because of this silly photo op, but more so because I get a sense that he knows what he wants to do, whereas I’m not really clear about Trudeau and his Liberals. The day care thing is a good example. This single proposal, even though similar to the one the NDP sunk back in the Martin days, is concrete, serves an important need that I can see has effects reaching far beyond my own life, and also would benefit me in raising my daughter. This all seems pretty powerful to me. They are offering something clear and tangible that would make a difference I find relatable, whereas the Liberals aren’t offering anything too specific (although I do support cannabis legalization). The Liberals have lots of time to roll out policies, but in the meantime the NDP’s strategy of doing so first is giving them a chance to warm up to me.

• Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
      Just Askin' says:

Trudeau and Butts think that the legalization stance is a safe way to follow the zeitgeist, differentiate themselves from the Harper government, pander to youths and insulate Trudeau against whatever people have on him with respect to doing drugs in his free time.

So transparent.

Anyway, cute photo.

doconnor says:

Here is a question: Is legalization of sensible based on its merits?

I expect the NDP will offically support legalization before the next election. I’ve never heard them critize the Liberal position on legalization directly. Only point out how they supported laws the increase penalties recently.

sezme says:

Agree – I think the NDP’s daycare platform is a winner that will appeal to a huge chunk of Canadians. Cannabis legalization is something that people will support much more cautiously (no matter how hypocritical that might be), and the Liberals promoting it doesn’t help with the perception that Trudeau is a hipster/slacker/toker/poser.

2. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Pipes says:

“Tickle monster, ok your turn…”

3. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Houland Wolfe says:

No more “Mr. Angry”?

4. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Matt says:

And the poker game has begun:

Mulcair – I see your blue sweater Mr. Harper, and I raise you a frolic in the ball pit.

Swervin' Merv says:

Despite the “Angry Tom” charges, Mulcair looks comfortable in the ball pit. Harper has a bigger challenge to shed his negative image. Best line of the year on Harper’s lofty leadership vision appears in Stephen Maher’s Postmedia column of Oct. 18: “Harper has been fighting to make Canada safe for attack ads.”

5. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Matt says:

Meanwhile, this is what Trudeau was up to.

It’s his “ladies night” Part 2.

smelter rat says:

You really are pathetic.

Matt says:

Said Trudeau’s official fluffer.

smelter rat says:

Said Harper’s bum boy.

Just Askin' says:

Do you know anyone who reads Chatelaine? I don’t!

6. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    davie says:

Maybe he is finding out what working day care is like, in the event that things do not go well in the next year or so.

The kids can’t act, so the photo showing the kids laughing right along with the two adults makes this photo work.

7. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    graham watt says:

Those kids have balls,getting in there with that bearded guy.

8. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Realist says:

OK, but what’s John Cusack doing there?

sezme says:

Isn’t that Mark Critch from This Hour has 22 minutes with Mulcair?

sezme says:

And to clarify: yes I understand that you were joking about John Cusack, though it doesn’t look like him to me.

9. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    smelter rat says:

“Angry Tom” is a ridiculous meme, nothing more.

sezme says:

True, that.

10. Notice: Undefined offset: 180 in /nfs/c05/h06/mnt/72829/domains/warrenkinsella.com/html/wp-content/themes/warroom/functions.php on line 314
    Ron says:

What fun!

My favourite pic of Tom. I smile every time I see it.

Interesting how one photo can smash the “angry Tom” meme of the Liberals.

Will the insubstantial politics of personality and puffery trump the politics of policies and issues? Justin can only wish.

One more year of fluff and Zoolander glam shots – is it possible to subject our nation to this travesty?

Michael says:

Interesting how one photo can smash the “angry Tom” meme of the Liberals –

Yeah because no one has figured out that this was a staged photo op