Musings —11.18.2014 08:32 AM—
Conservative folks are sounding pretty cocky, this morning, but they shouldn’t be. They are, after all, the folks who:
- Saw a two-term Whitby mayor in a tough fight with a total newcomer to politics
- Were in a pitched battle in a Con stronghold (in which they took 60 per cent of the vote last time, to the Liberals’ 14 per cent)
- Sent virtually every member of cabinet through to promise everything but the kitchen sink
- Were whining about “dirty tricks” on the eve of the vote
- Sent in their national campaign boss, Ms. Byrne, because they were in deep shit and they knew it
Still don’t believe it, Team Blue? Then take a gander at this Pundits Guide chart. My super-duper expert analysis tells me that only one coloured line (the red one) went up last night, and every other coloured line (the blue, orange and green ones) went down.
Spin it any way you want, kids. The factoids and chart don’t lie, this cold November morn.