Musings —05.14.2015 01:05 PM—
Because they are.
That’s the cover of the latest issue of a hate sheet now landing in mailboxes all over Toronto’s East End.
A sampling of some of the material contained therein:
- Editorials railing against Jewish postal workers, “ZioMarxists,” “parasites,” and what the paper’s editor calls “the illegitimate Zionist apartheid state of Israel that holocausts Palestinians.”
- Advertisements promoting something called the “New Constitution Party,” whose membership cards feature Nazi salutes, and references to “88” – neo-Nazi code for “HH,” or “Heil Hitler.”
- Articles promoting Holocaust deniers Ernst Zundel, David Irving and Fred Leuchter – and denouncing “mainstream media lackeys” and “cattle” who sought to have Zundel charged with publishing Holocaust-denying propaganda.
- Articles promoting Holocaust denial and written by Gary Schipper, the former voice of the neo-Nazi Heritage Front, who now goes by the false name “Johnny Jensen.”
- A lengthy anti-Israel polemic describing the need for “Israeli Niggers to go home,” how the Jewish state “murders thousands” every year, that Zionists are “ZioFascists” and racists, that Israel forcibly sterilizes non-white immigrant women and practices Nazi-style eugenics – and repeats the old canard that Jews are not “true Biblical Jews,” a theory favoured by neo-Nazis for decades.
- Articles promoting “white nationalism,” skinheads, and the defunct neo-Nazi Heritage Front, in which the author – who describes herself as a “white woman” who favours “white pride” – talks openly about how “white people reserve the right to protest the rape and disfiguration of our country” by non-whites, and calls the New Constitution Party a vehicle for opposing “Racial Marxism.”
- A letters column mocking Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne for her sexual orientation, and attacking “homos” and “queens” – and a related editorial calling Pride “a freak show on parade floats.”
- An advertisement decrying “lies that the ZioMarxist-controlled mainstream media is feeding you about Adolf Hitler” – and calling for Jews to be “deprogrammed from anti-German propaganda.”
To call this sort of garbage hateful is to state the blindingly obvious. It is white supremacist and anti-Semitic. And our public mail service should not ever be helping to disseminate it.
This group, in which I’m involved, is working to persuade Canada Post to smarten up. In the meantime, I have contacted both Canada Post and its minister – Lisa Raitt – to see what they have to say.
I can’t believe I’m about to say this – but, after twenty long (and relatively quiet) years, it appears the Heritage Front-type neo-Nazis are back.
Who will help us stop them?
UPDATE: Just got this from Raitt’s press secretary: “I strongly condemn any acts of discrimination or anti-Semitism. The content in these flyers do not represent the Government and the Government’s beliefs. Canada Post is an arms-length crown corporation responsible for its own operations, please contact Canada Post regarding this matter.”