Musings —09.10.2015 08:29 AM—
- Nuttier than a fruit cake. Nuttier than a Tim’s Maple Log. Nuttier than a port-a-potty at a peanut festival. Nuttier than a Trump-Palin ticket. NUTTY.
- That’s how nutty this election is. Every party has had a crazy things being said by crazy candidates or crazy staffers. That’s happened in the past. But the number of bimbo eruptions in his one? I’ve never seen anything like it.
- It isn’t the fault of social media. Social media simply provides a platform for crazy people to say crazy things – and for campaign war rooms, or the media, to thereafter publicize the craziness.
- It’s been nutty in past campaigns, as noted. But the sheer volume of insanity and inanity in this year’s model simply dwarfs everything that has gone before it, I think.
- Check this out. This summary doesn’t even capture them all! Just this morning, a Liberal candidate in Surrey (reminding us all the nuts roll to the corners) said:
- What is going on? All of the parties have so-called “green light” committees – believe me, I know (one was used to actually “green light” the likes of Eve Adams – and torpedo actual Liberal leadership candidates like David Bertschi and Deborah Coyne). So, how did all of those green lighting geniuses miss this stuff?
- Your guess is as good as mine. But I’ll tell you one thing – if the parties are wondering why none of them can break through, maybe the serial idiocy that is Election 2015 is a big part of it. Like I say, it’s nutty.