Musings —10.16.2015 07:49 AM—
- Rob and Doug Ford are the talk of the nation, and Ford Nation. They are again everywhere – in tut-tutting opinion columns, in disapproving news coverage, in angry leader’s scrums, in every incredulous broadcast.
- I am no citizen of Ford Nation. But, after doing battle with said nation, and losing, I came away with respect for its power. I wrote about it.
- Dear Progressive Canada: Ford Nation – and its allied state, Harperstan – don’t care if you disapprove of them. As they have shown several times, they don’t need (or want) your support. They have won multiple times without it. And it is a big, big mistake to underestimate them, with voting day inching ever-closer.
- Weird things seem to be happening – as that Ekos poll last night suggests. Looking at it, I do not see much evidence that the Fords are hurting Stephen Harper. I see evidence the reverse may be true: the shy Tory vote is awakening from its slumber, perhaps.
- Anyway. We shall see. In the meantime, here is SFH’s loving tribute to Rob Ford – and our SiriusXM show with Charles Adler last night, on which the Fords (and The Donald!) were discussed at length. Enjoy, if you can.