So, I tweeted about Donald Trump’s fired Chief of Staff being interviewed by Robert Mueller, the Russiagate special counsel. I said it recalls the Kinsellian Political Rule Two: never fire someone who knows lots of shit during a crisis.
This then moved some folks to ask what Rule One was, and so on.
So here, gratis, are all ten. Clip, save and post to the war room fridge door. You’re welcome.
KINSELLIAN POLITICAL RULES
1. Never discount the possibility that they did it because they’re just stupid.
2. Never fire someone who knows lots of stuff about you during a crisis.
3. Never call the other guy a crook, because normal people think we are all crooks.
4. Never forget, never forgive. Forgiveness is for wimps, and forgetfulness is for the aged.
5. Never fly first class. Fly economy and take a selfie.
6. Never take a job with a politician who is screwing around. If he’ll do that to his wife, he’ll do worse to you.
7. Never use acronyms. If you do, you should go hang yourself.
8. Never be photographed when golfing, eating or doing shooters.
9. Never talk about your relationship with God. Just don’t. God fucking hates politicians. A politician killed His son.
10. Never get involved in party politics. It always ends in indictments or misery.