10.07.2017 07:47 AM

Welcome to Canada’s best-loved political web site!

Looks a bit different, eh?

I’ve been doing this wee web site – [Don’t tell him it’s a “blog”! – Ed.] – for more than a decade and a half. Started in 2000 or so for a couple reasons.

One, various neo-Nazis and white supremacists were going after me online (how times change, etc.) and I needed to respond. Two, I’ve been writing a thousand words a day since I was 11. I’m a writer: I need to write. This gave me another place to do so.

Nearly four million yearly voters later, here we are.

The new-look web site is designed to be:

• Easier to read on your handy-dandy device!
  • An aggregator, so you don’t ever have to leave!
  • A platform for writers other than me – from all points on the ideological spectrum!
  • The solution to all your Internet needs!

I am going to be adding to the website in the coming days. There will be regular polls, there will be a Lisa-Warren podcast, there will be a regular Lisa-Warren video thing, there will be consolation prizes for participants, there will be all kinds of changes. (Oh, and ads, too. Everyone else has ‘em, so why not Canada’s Best-Loved Political Web Site™ too?)

If you spot a mistake or problem, please let me know. There’ll be a typo or two, I suspect.

In the meantime, I hope you like it, and I hope you keep coming back for more. For about 17 years you’ve been doing so, and I am grateful for that.

Thank you and God bless Canada.

Love and fishes,

W

1. Warren says:

So…what do you guys think?

2. Bob Parkins says:

Looking good man.

3. Terry says:

Looks good on an iPhone. Mazel tov!

4. jay says:

Holy crap! What’s going on here?

5. Dan F says:

I liked it better when it was just a blank page displaying an error message. 😉

6. Ronald O'Dowd says:

Warren,

I’ll bet you know who won’t be able to tear himself away! (I don’t mean Humpty Trumpty.)

All the best.

7. Luke says:

I fear change. I will hide in a cave.

8. Mario says:

Make the type a little bigger and you are set.

9. Angelo .ilo says:

Happy Thanksgiving back at you. Especially so in this era.

10. Charlie says:

Looks good.

I’d reduce the size of the ‘Breaking’ side bar and expand the width of the post and comments on the left to occupy more space on the entire page. There’s a lot of unused space to the right.

11. Bill Templeman says:

Warren, I suggest you aggregate from a greater diversity of web sites. The CBC is fine, but there are other platforms out there that should be reflected here, no? Small independents? Conservative sites? NDP sites? etc….

12. Derek Pearce says:

Congrats, looks good WK! Easier to read for sure. Interested to see the variety of opinions that’ll be published here.

13. Steve T says:

Wow – quite the change! Overall, a great-looking website.

I come to this site for your commentary (and your readers’ replies), so the “Breaking” news sidebar isn’t of value to me. However, your website; your choice! I can still get to what I want, so it’s all good to me.

14. JH says:

I get the ‘Canada’s best-loved political web site’ part, most would claim the same. Promotion is important. Not getting why all the concentration on US news? Rest is fine and it’s just a question, not looking for a fight.

• Warren says:

The links? CBC top stories. They pick ‘em – and I think they are right to conclude that US politics is more interesting than Canadian politics, these days.

• JH says:

Why not create your own? Take a little more work but would be unique probably in this country, where many in MSM R too lazy to do any homework & think US news is good clickbait. Maybe that’s why so many journos being fired, laid off or working for Trudeau gang. We can get that usual drivel anywhere on the net, for cost of internet connection, which also gives us streaming services whatever. News Media in this country really are authors of own failure in many cases. Think you’d be surprised at interest in Canadian news from across the country that doesn’t make the usual CBC website headline crap. But I’m perfectly willing to admit that it may be just me who’d like to see something different and not the usual pablum we’re fed.