Sattva Namaste is the pseudonym of Leon Brule, a Rob Ford and – now – John Tory supporter/activist. Namaste/Brule is well-known to every reporter, municipal politician and political person in Canada’s largest city. Everyone knows that Namaste/Brule is a gay and women-hating white supremacist.
Here’s only a sampling of some of the more-recent gems from his very active Twitter account:
- Feb. 14: “Liberal broads who claim to be feminists lying on their back to get a job crack me up!! Liberal whore.”
- Feb. 18: “People who are not citizens should not be allowed to vote. Many are ignorant.”
- Feb. 3: “What Toronto needs is poor black underprivileged boys to make this a better place to live. You on strong meds?”
- Feb. 21: [City councillor] is deeply ashamed his father was corrupt and his sister is a dyke. Not a good [Jew].”
- Feb. 21: “Gay is wrong on many levels.”
- Feb. 21: “What happened to Smitherman’s fag vote? They were high on party drugs? Or are fags a small minority in Toronto?”
- Feb. 21: “Anyone else catch Kristyn Wong Tam compare the significance of Pride to the Pan Am games? She’s comparing excellence with bum fucking?”
- Feb. 19: “Yes, I’m sure the majority of NDP supporting union members want their little boy to grow up to be a big fag.”
- Feb. 15: “Given you are a homo, you lick dick and ass as one. So what’s your problem?”
- Feb. 12: “No fags have won Canada a gold! So why honour them?”
- Feb. 10: “We allow fags in schools. I suspect some teachers may be sexually confused. Should we allow confused teachers?”
- Feb. 8: “Take the flag down. Contrary to what Toronto fags and dykes think, Olympics are NOT them.”
- Feb. 6: “Fags get all orgasmic because Doug Ford said “naked men.” It seems it doesn’t take much to get the sickos going.”
And it goes on and on. You can read it yourself, if you have the stomach for it. (He has a particular hatred for Olivia Chow and her deceased husband, too.)
Why am I (with apologies) ruining your morning by posting all this garbage? Two reasons. One, a friend has been libelled by Leon Brule, and is looking for him – his home address, his workplace – to serve him with a lawsuit. Any help in that regard would be appreciated.
Two – and this is something I still cannot believe – John Tory this week promoted Namaste/Brule on his official campaign Twitter feed. He, and his campaign, would have known exactly who this racist, homophobic piece of human garbage is. But he welcomed the support of Namaste/Brule anyway.
When a sharp-eyed member of the David Soknacki campaign spotted that, and criticized what Tory had done, Tory’s tweet swiftly disappeared. A screen cap is below.
Which leaves us with the question: why did John Tory promote a notorious hater in the first place? And, now that he has deleted the evidence, why is he taking so long to express regret for what he did?
We all know John Tory thinks women should play golf to get ahead. But is he really so desperate that he needs the support of a bigot like Namaste/Brule to get ahead, too?