Musings —01.14.2011 09:41 AM—
Holy smokes! This morning, there sure are a lot of pundits saying there’ll be an election in 2011! The Globe, in particular, has gone slightly bonkers.
If a lot of this seems familiar to you, well, that’s because it is:
- Globe editorial, January 11, 2010: “With Canada on the brink of a federal election in 2010…” blah blah blah.
- Globe editorial, July 21, 2009: “Canada might have a general election in 2010…” blah blah blah.
- Globe news story, January 1, 2010: “The best prediction now is for a trip to the polls in the autumn, before the Conservatives are forced to bring down the 2011 austerity budget…” blah blah blah.
- Globe news story, January 2, 2010: “Sooner or later in 2010, an election is likely….” blah blah blah.
- Globe news story, January 4, 2010: “There might even be an election…” blah blah blah.
- Globe column, March 5, 2010: “It’s a government that wants to get re-elected with a majority – and that means having an election if possible before the 2011 budget…” blah blah blah.
That’s just one newspaper. It took five minutes to find. The rest of them are just as bad.
Everyone take a frigging Valium. Jesus.