Musings —09.25.2012 11:21 AM—
As usual, I wasn’t paying attention. Thought my lunch with an old political pal was at noon. It’s at 12:30.
So, I’m seated, and I’ve got half an hour to kill. So here are some linkless, contextless observations about…stuff.
1. Neck tattoos are stupid. Mail room, here you come. There, I said it.
2. Fight The Right leaked out early at a bookstore in Toronto. I won’t tell you where. It happens.
3. If a political person had done what Margaret Wente did, Margaret Wente would be braying for said political person’s head.
4. I’m going to Ottawa tonight for business. A visit to The Black Tomato is inevitable, and advisable.
5. I need a haircut. I look like the crazy professor in Back To The Future. I frighten small children.
6. Speaking of which, I have two kids in high school. Life is what happens when you aren’t looking. Trust me.
7. The songs I write for SFH, SFH will tell you, are all ultimately about self-loathing and loss of faith. There’s a reason for that.
8. The best diner in the world is The Patrician, on King Street East. Tell Terry I sent you, and he may abuse you a little less.
9. I’ve been doing this dumb web site for more than a decade. I’ve been writing a daily journal for forty years. Never missed a day. Haven’t been profound once.
10. I can see the end. Can you?