02.15.2018 08:26 PM

#MeToo at Queen’s Park – again? (updated twice)

With all of the Patrick Brown self-immolation today, I missed this. I sincerely hope John is able to assist this woman in a way that protects her and respects her wishes.

UPDATE: Have a reasonably certain view who it is.  If I’m right, he is very senior, and held many positions – and was well-known to many current and former federal and provincial Liberal Ministers, Premiers, etc.

UPDATE: My friend Cristina Howorun at CITY-Tv is getting close. Watch her reporting – like this surprising document.

1. Matt says:

Somewhat misleading as it makes it sound like a current cabinet minister in Wynne’s government.

But a Global story tonight says it happened over 10 years ago which would have been in McGuinty’s cabinet.

• Ron Benn says:

Matt, are there any people in the Wynne cabinet that were in the McGuinty cabinet? It is likely a short list. The above question exceeds my limited search skills.

• Pipes says:

And just when you think things can’t get any worse, this happens-
      “Cools asked Sen. Frances Lankin, who had been speaking on the topic, for her definition of sexual harassment. “And what evidence is there before us that there is a culture in this place or problems with sexual harassment to begin with?” Cools asked.”Most senators are too old anyway, and long past the age — so let’s rule out most of them.”
      That remark brought on some laughs from other senators.”

I guess that means if they were physical able, then they would abuse each other. Jesus, Mary and Joseph help us. Oh and some of them think its funny!

2. Trevor says:

Well, based on everything I’ve read, it narrows it down to seven or eight. (Peterson cabinet minister, MPP after the 1990 debacle, not in the McGuinty/Wynne cabinets from 2003 onward)

The “very senior” verbiage leads me to make an educated guess, but I don’t want to get sued. 🙂

3. roger says:

I’m guessing it’s a former finance guy.

4. MrT says:

“My office has received information that involved troubling allegations related to an MPP who held a cabinet office portfolio at one point, left the legislature many years ago and was never a member of my or premier McGuinty’s cabinet.”

Narrows it down to 3 people.

My money is on the guy who lived in his office (or Cuba) and had ‘many faces’.

5. Morgan says:

I’m aware of several harassers there in the past during my time, but cabinet narrows it down. Wonder if it’s the one who often slept in his office and who liked to visit a certain island.

I remember when I was new, a senior female EA telling me not to work in that office under any circumstance. Bless her.
    …but fuck all the people who keep predators like that on.

6. Dork in East York says:

Yup, he’s my first guess too.

7. Phil says:

I can’t help but third that, though I briefly had to rack my brain until it finally came up with his image.

8. Matt says:

Are his initals the 20th and 18th letter of tha alphabet and was he a “minister without portfolio”?