Musings —10.27.2010 11:45 AM—
Here are the facts:
1. Ontario cabinet minister Glen Murray re-tweeted something he shouldn’t have.
2. Ontario Conservative boss Tim Hudak demanded Murray apologize.
3. Murray apologized.
4. Hudak is demanding another apology, because he’s mad that Murray asked that Hudak condemn the homophobia that is sometimes associated with his Conservatives.
5. Hudak says some of his best friends are gay, and that his party isn’t the least bit anti-gay, and that he won’t do what Murray asks, and that he still wants yet another apology.
6. Hudak’s Labour critic – a member of his shadow cabinet, in effect – is Randy Hillier.
7. Here are some of the things Hillier has said he’s against, quote unquote: “Using taxpayer’s dollars, our governments support and promote Quebec, Native, Arts, Homosexual, Urban and Multi-cultures.”
8. Tristan Emmanel is Hillier’s campaign manager and a very senior Ontario Conservative adviser, and he has said that gays are, quote unquote, “sexual deviants.”
9. Hudak hasn’t fired or in any way disciplined Messrs. Hillier and Emmanuel for their statements – he has, in fact, promoted them.
10. Tim Hudak is full of crap.