Musings —12.08.2010 08:38 PM—
On Facebook, Susannah Sears challenged me to ’15 Songs,’ which seemed fitting, today.
“(1) Turn on your MP3 player or music player on your computer.
(2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode.
(3) List the first 15 songs that come up (song title and artist) NO editing/cheating, please. Even if you might skip the song when it comes up or be embarrassed for people to know that it’s in your collection, you still must list it.
(4) Choose people to be tagged. It is generally considered to be in good taste to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I’m betting that your musical selection is entertaining.
To do this, go to “NOTES” under tabs on your profile page (or click on “+ write a note” button at the top of the page), paste these instructions in the body of the note, enter your 15 Shuffle Songs, Tag 25 people (under the post) then click Publish.”
Here’s what I’ve come up with (or, rather, iTunes did). For fun, do likewise – tell the rest of us your fifteen. Lennon would approve; it avoids musical snobbery and dishonesty.
And, yes, you do see ‘La Traviata’ there.
1. Loved Ones – Spy Diddley
2. NOFX – Leaving Jesusland
3. Lillingtons – Robots in my Dreams
4. Patsy Cline – Got A Lotta Rhythm In My Soul
5. Ramones – What’s Your Game
6. Richard Hayes and the Eddie Sauter Orchestra – Junco Partner
7. The Jam – Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
8. Psychedelic Furs – Pretty In Pink
9. The Ruts – Something That I Said
10. Booker T and the MGs – Green Onions
11. Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers – Here Come the Martian Martians
12. The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio
13. Nirvana – Lounge Act
14. Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – La Traviata
15. The Undertones – Casbah Rock