Musings —09.25.2011 06:06 PM—
Comments are welcome.
UPDATE: For the literally thousands of commenters who have contacted me about this important posting, here are the key fashion facts about the above photo:
- It was taken on Mother’s Beach in Kennebunk, Maine, just before Hurricane Irene hit
- The patch is His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie, purchased in Jamaica
- The hat is from the only and only golf club I ever belonged to, Larrimac in Chelsea, P.Q.
- The T-shirt is a Pennywise tour shirt
- The jean jacket was purchased many decades ago, and is hated by every woman I have ever known, and which I will therefore be buried in
- The edgy new glasses are actually 3D glasses – lenses popped out by my son – purchased at a showing of Captain America, which totally sucked
- The scar on my lip is from a long-ago bar fight in Calgary, which I lost
- You’re welcome