Warren needs that boxed set for his birthday, maaaaan

Delighted to hear this.  I would, however, have left ‘Belsen Was A Gas’ out.  It wasn’t funny, it wasn’t ironic, and it wasn’t right.  (Tabby Southey probably thought it a laugh riot, however.)

To commemorate the occasion, here is a vintage Pistols vid, featuring a song that changed young Warren forever at age 16:

9 Responses to “Warren needs that boxed set for his birthday, maaaaan”

1. steve w says:

I came a little late to the Sex Pistols party being just 13 the summer of 77. The Great Rock and Roll Swindle was my Pistols record. Which of course wasn’t a Pistols record at all. Still loved it though.

2. Philippe says:

Those guys lost my respect the second they sold out for their bogus reunion tour… admitting it was only for the cash.

• Eric Weiss says:

At least they were honest about it. They didn’t see dime one off of the Pistols the first time around. They were still themselves, only this time they were the ones making the money instead of Maclaren or the record companies. More power to them.

And save the the “sell out” BS when it comes to music. The only musicians that don’t sell out are the ones who can’t because they suck, or are too stupid to figure out how to make money doing what they love. You can be yourself, make music you want, and still make money doing it. You want to keep it real, go work in a coal mine.

3. james Smith says:

I’m conflicted. I LOVED the SP’s
    I made my own button that read: “SID LIVES!”
    Then I read more about this turd.
    As much as I loved them at the time,
    I’ve hated them ever since
    SID was one sick FECK.
    Pity

• Eric Weiss says:

They were a better band without Sid than they were with him. Matlock and Rotten couldn’t stand each other, but they wrote great songs.

4. steve w says:

I don’t believe a word of it.

5. Philip says:

I’m just not buying it at all, James. You’ve never walked the walk in your life.

6. A little close-minded aren`t we?

7. Philip says:

No I’m not, but thanks for asking. I just know industrial grade B.S. when I see it.

Speaking of which, are you still advocating the Canadian police gunning down unarmed protestor in our streets or have you moved on from that?