Kudos on Ford, CAW. Now, how about a line change?

The CAW negotiating team, as seen on CTV’s web site.  All guys, all white.  If Harper, McGuinty or any other level of government showed up with a senior team as homogeneous as this, they’d get (deservedly) creamed.  I’m sure there are women and minorities at CAW, but I sure don’t see them here.

13 Responses to “Kudos on Ford, CAW. Now, how about a line change?”

1. The Truth says:

Thank you Warren! I’m a visible minority and I work at a large union. I can tell you that even though Unions claim to be promoters of social justice and equity, internal union employees are usually all white and male.

Wake up Unions! It’s time to practice what you preach and make Unions more reflective of their membership!

• Lyndon Dunkley says:

I agree – how should we decide which ones to eliminate? The whitest cats? Worst mustache? Least amount of hair? I know Robbie Robertson in the second row there probably doesnt need the job as he’s still collecting royalties somewhere down that crazy river.

• Justin says:

Have you attempted to run in any sort of union position, because theyre not just going to give it to anybody who’s a visible minority. And I can say in my union there are many positions held by people of color.

2. Anderson says:

More anti-White comments from Kinsella.

3. Dan says:

I’d like to see some good faith reforms within organized labor. Some efforts to modernize. It’s tough when two out of three of the major parties envision a society where they don’t exist, or are so insignificant that they can be ignored.

4. TimL says:

Colour aside, they make the NHLPA negotiators look well dressed. Anyone in the union own a tie?

• Chris says:

It’s a calculated look – shirt and tie makes them look too much like the management folk they do battle with. (the rank and file likes seeing pictures of guys who look like them)

5. dave says:

I wonder what the management side looks like.

6. Adam says:

Well, Dave, it is reasonable to expect more of unions than of management in that department. Unions are. after all, democratic institutions who argue for social justice. It would make unions stronger if they were more representative. Warren is wishing us well, actually. I am not in a union at the moment, but used to be. Thank you, Warren, for the criticism and words of encouragement.

7. Justin says:

Yeah because we haven’t come close to competing with the wage slaves in china, what a great nation for anti-labor neocons to look up to.

8. Justin says:

It’s too bad CEO wages don’t reflect what the markets will bear.