More than a decade, tomorrow

Randy Scott’s note. This story is hard to read.

6 Responses to “More than a decade, tomorrow”

1. WDM says:

I was in my last year of high school. A group of people, including many teachers, were sitting in the AV Room watching the coverage at noon. The bell rang for the next period to start and no one moved, including numerous teachers who were supposed to be in another room teaching a class. The further away we move from events like this, we tend to forget the impact of it. That day, and the days that followed, were terrifying. The events themselves, tragic beyond belief, I remember a sense of wondering “what’s next?” in the days that followed and not knowing the answer.

2. Craig Cantin says:

That was a very hard story to read. I choked up a couple of times.

That poor family, having to relive that day after all of these years. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

3. Riaz Khan says:

every event shows both the good side and evil side of human beings. There were those who flew the airplanes in the towers and there were those who gave their lives to save strangers. I saw it too along with my young family when I was threatened and my young family terrorized after that tragic day. It was also the guys from the neighborhood who guarded my home and stayed with me for a long time. As my father taught me: hate alone cannot occupy your heart. Only love and compassion can.

4. mrburnsns says:

Everytime I get pissed off about the evil of the plot itself, about how it was used as an excuse to round up/mistreat folks who look different, about how it was used by companies/bureaucrats/governments to peddle worthless security programs and equipment, and how it was used by politicians to erode civil liberties, I think of how folks in places like Gander gave more than they had to those who were stranded. And I have hope that the inherent good of the vast majority of human beings will erase the mistakes made in the years after 9/11.

5. Derek Pearce says:

I’m always left speechless thinking about 9/11. It just seems nothing I could say would be worthy of those moments. The whole day is certainly still seared into my brain in photo-recall detail.

6. Tired of it All says: