Crackberried

My apologies to Kady et al., but if the new Berry ditches its USP – the keyboard – it’ll end up ditching lots more customers.  I mean, when choosing between an iPhone and a wannabe iPhone, why not choose the real thing? (It’s a proposition that applies in politics, and will again, soon enough.)

But what I love about this report is the undisguised carnal tone to the writing and the comments.  These guys lust after smart phones in the way my sons rhapsodize about Megan Fox.  It’s actually creepy, when you consider it’s a thing.

7 Responses to “Crackberried”

1. Michael says:

Word is there will be two versions. Touch screen and for the old folks a keyboard model. :D

2. Paul says:

Except the choice isn’t between an iPhone and a “wannabe” iPhone. From what I’ve seen of BB10 it is very slick, and superior to iOS from a technical standpoint and so is Android. The actual devices that run those OSes are also better than Apple’s (singular) offering, with larger screens and faster processors.

All of the apps that people actually *need* have already been ported to BB10 and will be available day one. The vast majority of businesses outside of graphic design and media production do not use Apple computers and want nothing to do with the closed Apple “ecosystem,” so if Blackberry can recapture that market they have a chance to recover quite nicely I think.

Actually, it seems to me that Apple will be the next tech company to be “on the outs,” so to speak. The stock price is way down, and in the post-Jobs era their last few product cycles have been disappointing to say the least, offering only incremental updates to existing devices and nothing particularly new or revolutionary. Hell, the best they have come up with recently is… a smaller, cut down iPad, and this week we have the same iPad as before, except with 128GB of RAM. Why didn’t they just put an SD slot on the existing iPad so that users could expand the memory themselves? Oh, I know: if they did that couldn’t rip more money out of the market by releasing “upgraded” versions that aren’t really upgrades at all.

3. Marc-Andre Chiasson says:

Just watched the on-line live launch of BB10Z (virtual keyboard) and BB10Q (tactile keyboard). Pretty friggin’ awesome products. I’ve had an iPod Touch for a few years and enjoyed it but IMHO, BB10Z appears to offer a better experience and way more innovative features. And as far as rhapsodizing, BlackBerry (new corporate name…dropping RIM name), they have hired Alicia Keyes as their “Global Creative Director”.

4. Michael S says:

At least those guys get a shot at getting the phone.

It’s a product, a tool. I work for the big B and nothing would make me happier than people detaching their identity from these things.

5. Scott Tribe says:

I may wait until the KB version comes out before deciding to switch

6. clarisonic says:

If you want to obtain much from this piece of writing then you have to apply these techniques to your
    won weblog.

7. Your style is so unique in comparison to other people I have read stuff from.
    Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this
    page.