Glen Murray (updated)

Personally, I think his move effectively disenfranchises the hundreds of good Liberals who stood up to support him.  Those people have been left in the lurch, and will now likely be forced to become “independents” – meaning they will have precious little chance of being elected anywhere this weekend.

15 Responses to “Glen Murray (updated)”

1. Michael S says:

Must be one hell of a lasagna.

2. smelter rat says:

Just like he abandoned the citizens of Winnipeg when he was Mayor.

3. frmr disgruntled Con now Happy Lib says:

Boids of a feather, etc….

4. Janet says:

I do not fault a candidate for dropping out when money has run out. But for a progressive candidate like GMurray to fold towards the establishment candidate is a slap in the face.

5. Brian Ellis says:

I was a Glenn supporter. Now I”m supporting Kathleen. I think both our camps share the same values. I really respect this move.

6. m5slib says:

Glen wasn’t really my favourite during the race, but this endorsement, along with other recent ones, really builds some nice momentum for Kathleen at a good time. It’s doesn’t mean anything until the final votes are counted though. My initial thought was to support Kathleen and then jump to Sandra once Kathleen was knocked out. It’s quite possible that my options will change. I’m quite impressed with her ability to organize and build support. Either way, I just want one of the women to win.

7. dillon says:

The only candidate without McGuinty baggage is Kennedy. Watch out for him.

• Tim Sullivan says:

He won’t have the baggage of my support either, if he wins.

If McGuinty has such “baggage”, why is Kennedy a Liberal (provincial today, as it would appear).

8. Simon Says says:

Glenn is dropping out to run for mayor of Toronto!

9. [...] Meanwhile, Pupatello supporter and Liberal pundit Warren Kinsella reacted with scorn to Murray’s maneuvering. “Personally, I think his move effectively disenfranchises the hundreds of good Liberals who stood up to support him,” Kinsella blogged. [...]