The buck stops here, the wheels on the bus go round and round, etc.

This makes me very, very happy, and alleviates a nagging concern I (and perhaps others) had had:

Premier Kathleen Wynne says she won’t sacrifice her predecessor Dalton McGuinty to deflect blame for the $230 million scandal around scrapped power plants in two Liberal ridings…

“I am not going to pretend I wasn’t part of the previous government . . . I am now the leader of that party, I am leader of the government,” Wynne told reporters Wednesday.

13 Responses to “The buck stops here, the wheels on the bus go round and round, etc.”

1. Ronald O'Dowd says:

W,

I’m starting to feel more optimistic these days. It looks like they aren’t dead yet. And besides, some of the polls appear to be slowly improving.

2. Les Miller says:

I have to like any politician that doesn’t try to pass the buck when the smell of poop is in the air. You’re right, that is leadership, and it’s a very rare sight these days.

3. Kevin says:

Mr. Kinsella, do you defend the moving of the gas plants?

• Warren says:

Sure do. I agree with all parties – needed to be stopped and moved and agree with all parties that there would be a cost associated with that.

Question is how much.

• Ian says:

The issue was never moving the plants .

The scandal is that Eastern Power was unable to secure financing at competitive rates and were then allowed to enter into an agreement that put them ” under water, ” in May 2011. The people of this province had to shell out 88 million in unrealized yield maintenance to EIG and the crime is that no one at the OPA or in the government knew they were on the hook for it. At least with Trans Canada in Oakville there was never any question of competitive financing. Now Eastern is partnered with the OPG in Lambton and I wonder who guaranteed their financing this time.

Greenfields South could have been cancelled for zero dollars in May of 2011 if anyone had been paying attention. This is not an election scandal it is a procurement failure that ultimately cost Duncan, Mcguinty, and Bentley their jobs. The question remains what made Eastern Power so unattractive to reasonable financing and who kept them in the picture from 2005 when the first contract was signed.

There should be a penalty for incompetence unfortunately the Liberal Party of Ontario will continue to pay it for some time and it may make Tim Hudak our next Premier.

4. Elizabeth says:

I don’t know Ontario politics, but I’m pleased and surprised that she is going to tackle the bloated racing industry. Far too many horses produced, far too many go for slaughter; and the breeding standards are down; lots of poorly bred horses, with bad conformation. It’s a numbers game, they produce so many foals, someone in there has to be a winner, and trash the rest of them. Dirty underbelly of the horse world.

5. Billy Boy says:

As a “progressive” what I’d love know is about her complicity in
    1)massive expansion of police powers during G20
    2)Bill115.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall to see how senior cabinet ministers like Wynne allowed such violations of civil liberties to go unchallenged.

6. Jane T. says:

Just ’cause I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get me…

Martinites … the Liberal Party’s Trotskyites.

7. blueworld says:

I don’t support protecting McGuinty, and shielding him from his incompetence on this and some other files. He dropped the ball, he covered things up, he wasted and lost millions.

Shame on him. He and all those associated with him sound scared and worried…… they should be!

8. dillon says:

She says different stories. First she said she knew nothing and never participated in any gas plant cancellation discussions. Now she says everything approved at cabinet. She is fabricating her out. When truth comes out she can say Mcguinty misled cabinet and she didn’ t know the truth. Mcguinty should be very nervous about her cover story.