Winning

Son Three at this weekend’s meet, mid-stroke.

He won by going straight, going true, and without making any deals with an opponent swimming in another lane. Without trading anything away, in effect.

He won two medals.

20130219-205338.jpg

11 Responses to “Winning”

1. Yay Son Three!! Liked the part about going straight and going true.

2. scot says:

Congrats to #3. I remember losing my first big race by not going straight. Touched the side rope and thought i was done. looked up as everyone passed me. Still got third though.

3. sharonapple says:

Congrats to Son #3.

4. Ted H says:

Congratulations, you have reason to be proud.

5. John says:

Congrats to your son.

6. Peter says:

Cool. Sounds like the kid has his head in the right space.

7. Jim says:

Your website, your rules, your metaphor.

But for arguments sake….If I read your metaphor correctly you are suggesting that the current Ont Libs are making a mistake by reaching out to the opposition in the speach from the throne. So (as an average tax payer, not in the dirt and mud of day to day politics) I am not sure your metaphor works.

Swimming is an individual sport. The only goal is to beat everyone else, it is a zero sum game. I want more from the people who are elected to make decisions about the direction of the province (country too but that is for a different discussion). I want leadership for this province that can work with ideas from across the spectrum to build more opportunities for everyone.

Take that for what its worth. I don’t live in the cut and thrust world of politics…I just get to live with the fall out. This is your website and obviously I defer to your right to put whatever you want on it.

…oh, and congratulations to your son. Good memories of competitive swimming as a kid. I tried going back after a prolonged absence from the pool (20 some odd years). I am less dolphin like these days, more manatee.

8. Dick Richards says:

He didn’t need to merge with the angry swimmer in the far left lane to win? Congratulations on doing it all on your own, Warren’s son #3

9. Kev says:

I really need to get back in the pool. Pure therapy.