Musings —09.10.2014 09:12 AM—
This is perhaps the shittiest ad they have produced to date, and that’s saying something. We’ll be talking about this on Sun News today, but here’s a quick summary of what’s wrong with it:
- He doesn’t look Prime Ministerial – no tie, hands in pockets, etc.
- His “God bless Canada” closer sounds like he was barely awake when he said it – no passion
- The crowd looks pretty all-white and all-old
- The cutaway footage they use is about as cliche as you can get…
- …and there are no people in the B roll – just buildings and a flag
The main problem, however, is this: the key message – “We’re better off with Harper” – is awful. It sounds a lot like “Stay with the spouse you don’t love anymore, who you don’t want to be with anymore, because it’s probably better than the alternatives. We think.”
If this is all you’ve got, Con boys and girls, you are done like dinner. You are now officially in a fight for your lives. You should consider acting like it.