Musings —07.28.2015 09:58 AM—
Apologies for yesterday’s cryptic post. My excuse: I was getting on an Air North flight (and did you know Air North serves warm cookies, and free Goldfish crackers?) in Whitehorse yesterday, on my way to Vancouver, when I received the following from three pretty reliable sources:
- There was a meeting taking place at a cottage somewhere in the Ottawa area.
- The Liberal Party’s campaign manager was out.
- The leader’s senior strategist was out.
- The party’s pollster was taking over.
Just before the nice Air North attendant told me to turn off my devices for the sixteenth time, I let various folks know what I heard. I was then incommunicado for about three hours.
When I landed, this is what I got:
- Most people couldn’t confirm it.
- Some people didn’t believe it.
- A couple people had received the same Intel.
I don’t much care about The Campaign Manager, The Senior Strategist or The Pollster. I do care, however, about many LPC candidates and volunteers who have to carry on through all of this sort of crap. It has to be pretty depressing.
To you, I say: every political party is more than any particular Campaign Manager, Senior Strategist or Pollster. They come and go.
The party is also more than any particular Leader. They come and go, too.
The grassroots hang in there, in every party. So keep working for what you believe in. This too shall pass.