Musings —08.15.2015 08:41 AM—
- Did you know? You can’t get anything gluten-free at Dunkin’ Donuts? Or that they call Lala “a model”? (She is more beautiful than that, if you ask me.)
- Anyway. Gotta get on the road soon. So here’s sentence fragments from my next Hill Times column.
- Election year themes: “1984,1993 and 2006 were about throwing the bums out. 1988 was about an actual issue. 2008 and 2011 were about Tim Hortons vs. Starbucks. 1997, 2000 and 2004 were about sticking with the Known over the Unknown. 2015? It’s about nothing, so far.”
- The Dippers “have badly stumbled over controversies involving candidates, on everything from keeping oil in the ground, to accusing Israel of war crime.”
- The Grits “needed a solid debate performance by Justin Trudeau, and he gave them one.”
- The Cons’ “campaign, meanwhile, has not been without its challenges, the aforementioned Duffy trial among them. There has been the Oshawa Conservative MP inviting children to a fundraiser at a gun range – and there has been the spectacle of the Tory campaign battling with a provincial Premier over a pension plan, when said Premier’s name isn’t even on the ballot.”
- There you go. All I can do today. Have a good one! Beach, here we come!