Musings —09.08.2015 09:06 AM—
- The pre-season is over. The phony season is over. Now the game begins.
- What’s the lay of the land? Well, all the parties have problems. All of them have opportunities. There’s good and bad.
- For the New Democrats, they’re still really strong in Quebec. They’re strong in BC. That’s the good news. The bad news is that they are slipping, pretty much everywhere.
- For the Liberals, they’ve moved up in important places like Ontario. They’re doing well. But the bad news is that they are still far, far behind in Trudeau’s home province. And he can’t win without Quebec. He can’t.
- For the Conservatives, they’ve had a bad, bad run – Duffy, refugees, crazy candidates. People seem to want change. But they stil are holding onto their 30 per cent core. It’s rock solid. But it ain’t enough.
- What do you think, O Reader? Are big changes afoot? Who is winning? Who is losing? Why?