Musings —02.16.2016 04:14 PM—
- Ezra lives for this stuff. In a battle with bureaucrats, he always wins. He always has the last word, and his audience is bigger than you think.
- Media who dislike Ezra are starting to come to his defence.
- Political people who dislike Ezra are starting to come to his defence.
- The Notley folks look scared shitless when they pull a stunt like this. Or, worse, like thugs. Same beast.
- The Notley folks embraced The Streisand Effect when they kicked out Ezra et al. – so, now everyone wants to hear from Ezra, even those who dislike him. Well done, Dippers: Martyr-Makers, just add water. Good job!
- Governments should have no role – none – in deciding who is media and who isn’t. Ever.
- The Supreme Court of Canada, no less, has held that what Ezra does online – and even little guys like me – enjoys actual, you know, constitutional protection.
- Accreditation should be decided by press galleries, not hacks. In Ottawa, that’s how it works. And it works just fine.
- As Romeo LeBlanc used to say to me: when you’re hunting’ bear, don’t get distracted by rabbit tracks. The Notley folks should focus on the many big and real problems they have, not the chickenshit puny ones.
- I have fought Ezra more than any of you have, or ever will. We’re not besties. But on this, he is right. And you, Premier Notley, are so wrong.
[About to do Arlene Bynon Show on this subject, on Sirius XM Canada Talks. Tune in!]