Musings —08.02.2016 06:42 AM—
Real Clear Politics:
- It means Hillary got a much bigger convention bounce than the short-fingered vulgarian did.
- It means the DNC convention – with better visuals, more flags, more patriotism – is the way to go for the next three months. Keep doing what works, folks.
- It means that the media, who cannot resist chasing every shiny ball Trump rolls past them, are not helping the bilious “billionaire” as much as they once did.
- It means that being organized and disciplined (as the Dems are, as the GOP isn’t) still works.
- It means that terrorist attacks – eg., Nice, Munich, etc., that I have always feared as an October Surprise – don’t appear to impact public opinion for long periods of time. These attacks have (sadly) become frequent enough to command less of a hold on passions in a way that benefits Trump (happily).
- It means – as I’ve always said – the American people are like people everywhere: they will always gravitate towards the candidate who isn’t a prick.