Musings —04.20.2017 09:34 AM—
Here’s the dope on dope, from an old Straight Edge punk, in a handy bulleted, bolded list.
- It’s a drug. When prescribed, it should be only available from pharmacists.
- It’s an intoxicant. Unlike booze, it isn’t hardly linked to violence, which is good. And, unlike booze, it’s still hard to figure out its intoxicating effects on someone behind the wheel. Not good.
- It’s a weed. I don’t drink or take drugs or have ever smoked. The idea of setting fire to a weed and inhaling the resulting smoke doesn’t seem like a super good idea, whether the weed is tobacco or marijuana.
- It’s a trade barrier. Or it will be. Donald Trump is the most anti-trade occupant of the Oval Office, ever. He’s already bashing Canada. He will use dope as pretext to slow down/stop cross-border trade. Just watch.
- It’s boring. It is is, it is. In a world buffeted by war and terrorism and misery, like ours is, it’s fair to posit that cannabis has occupied way, way too much bandwidth. It’s a good thing for sick people, so make sure they can get it at their drug store, and stop yammering about it all the time.
What do you think, O Smart Readers? Got a 420 take on toke? Comment away.