I don’t put much stock in Angus Reid’s little Premier’s popularity poll thing, and neither should you. I think the Reid folks do it mainly for fun, and to get some free publicity, and it unfailingly it provides both. Their release is here.
That said, a few observations:
- Brad Wall, unless I’m wrong, will go down as perhaps the most-liked provincial Premier in recent memory
- John Horgan should be enjoying more of a honeymoon
- Dwight Ball, once politically DOA, is somehow back – how come?
- Brian Pallister, who has fallen figuratively and literally, could very well be a one-term wonder
- Philippe Couillard has been trying to please everyone, and has ended up pleasing no one – he’s in trouble
- Rachel Notley up? Jason Kenney needs to consider the possibility that his extreme social conservatism is driving partisan Alberta Liberals and Alberta Party folks to the NDP Premier
- Brian Gallant must be happy he didn’t go through with that snap/surprise early election this Fall, eh?
- Stephen McNeil: I have no comment, and you likely don’t either
- Kathleen Wynne rounds out the bottom, again, but is up for the third consecutive Reid poll – she’s headed in the right direction
What does it all mean, O Smart Readers? Comments are open!