Musings —02.01.2011 11:00 AM—
I never called him a lying, duplicitous, good-for-nothing scumbag, who this morning has continued a failed political “career” marked by bizarre and erratic behaviour. I never said that.
I did, however, receive lots and lots of emails from Liberals. Some of them have passed along examples of what Benedict Baldy used to say about Conservatives. A sampling is below.
Have fun, Timmy! We certainly will!
- Rocco Rossi, June 1, 2009: “Following a week of bad news for Stephen Harper’s Conservatives, today it gets even worse. His one hope to divert attention away from his government’s incompetence—the personal attack ads against Michael Ignatieff—can be completely neutralized. We need your help to do it, it doesn’t take much effort and it won’t cost you a penny.”
- Rocco Rossi, February 23, 2009: “The greatest strength of the Liberal Party has always been the people who come together under its banner.”
- Rocco Rossi, March 2, 2009: “With this Conservative government, old habits die hard. Stephen Harper is back on familiar ground and announcing new attack ads aimed at the Liberal Leader while the economy slips farther into recession. At a time when Canadians are worried about their jobs, their pensions and about putting their kids through school, the Conservatives are back with their old tricks in order to divert our attention from rising unemployment rates and the highest rate of job losses on record.”
- Rocco Rossi, September 16, 2009: [Email to me, in which he urges dirty tricks against a Conservative Party communications effort] “Would be good to mock or mess up in some way.”
- Rocco Rossi, August 25, 2009: [Email to me, in which he suggests Jack Layton performs sexual favours for Stephen Harper] “Jackie wants to be a political star, so he goes in the backseat of Stephen’s car…suckin on…”
- Rocco Rossi, August 12, 2009: [Email to me and an OLO official, urging a smear campaign against one of his political enemies.] “Might want to have a boo at it by someone who speaks good French. Exotic dancers, visas, passports, false documentation. A little smear stuff…but with the addition of terrorist overtones…..Might just be a crazy woman, but stuff have been spun out of worse.”