Musings —10.23.2011 10:05 PM—
Let me count the ways.
1. Get Apple TV as a gift. Never loads. Told Rogers modem and Internet package is too slow. Upgrade, was told.
2. Today, did. Bought modem. Cost a lot. Upgraded package. Also costs plenty.
3. Told just hook up and I’m ready to go. Okay.
4. Took kids to hockey, birthday parties, etc. Once home, hooked up shiny new modem.
5. Doesn’t work.
6. On phone to Rogers for hours. Spoke to close to a dozen people.
7. Variously told new modem wasn’t registered in system when I bought it. Told serial number wrong. Told old modem on file. Told many, many things.
8. All wrong. Meanwhile, Internet service is gone. Last “Rogers customer service” person is honest, at least. Says she: “We can’t fix it. You should take it back to the store.”
9. Then, she chirps: “Is anything else I can help you with?” Says I: “Are you serious?”
10. ROGERS SUCKS. And, rest assured, dear reader, I am going to make their lives a living Hell, starting tomorrow. As you know I can.
This is war.