If, say, you wanted to now wipe out the Liberal Party of Canada – if you wanted to eliminate any chances it might have in an election that is just 200+ days away – what would you do?
Here’s what you would do:
- You would continue a smear campaign against the most respected politician in Canada, Jody Wilson-Raybould
- You would kick her out of your caucus, thereby proving everything she’d said about you, and turning her into a martyr at or about the level of Louis Riel
- You would let it be known that her successor started plotting how to give a sweetheart deal for SNC-Lavalin before the ink on his new business cards had dried
- You would let it be known that SNC-Lavalin – which is apparently the only construction and engineering firm in Canada – is getting their sweetheart deal after all
And that’s what the Trudeau Party are doing, or have done. All of it.
2. Here’s Trudeau openly musing about kicking JWR out of caucus – thereby (a) rendering her a martyr and (b) proving that he did want her punished for refusing to go along with what would amount to obstruction of justice.
3. Here’s her successor – whose understanding of the law means “nothing bad happened because Justin Trudeau says so” – meeting with PMO staff in Sherbrooke, right after he was sworn in, and scheming about how to cut a dirty deal for SNC-Lavalin.
You can’t make this shit up, folks.
Justin Trudeau is no longer the leader of a political party.
He’s the head guy with a political suicide cult.